Thursday 12 September 2013

Top Ten Basic Craft Tools

Hi Everyone

I've often been asked by people new to crafting what are the first or most important craft tools they should invest in. So I decided to write a list of the top 10 basic craft tools that I can't live without. Now depending on what type of craft or craft technique you are interested in this list could change a little but I think that the 10 items I've picked are pretty core items which have potential uses no matter what you enjoy creating. 




Yes, I know technically I've cheated with no. 1 but what good is a craft knife without new blades every now and then?!

1 through 8 I think are all pretty self explanatory but you may wonder about 9 and 10. 

I can't live with out baby wipes! (You can see my personal brand of choice in the photo.) They are amazing at what they clean up! Not only do they clean rubber stamps but they clean my air brush and paint - whenever I spill anything I always try cleaning it with a baby wipe first. (Goodness only knows how baby's bottoms withstand their power!)

You may think that No. 10 the old blusher brush seems a little bit odd but it's something I first started using when I began enamelling with Efcolor powders. I found it invaluable to clean my work surface of powder and now I find myself using it all the time between and during all sorts of projects!

I know for some crafters that a vital piece of equipment is their rubber stamping heat tool or a die cutting machine but I've not included big items like that as for newbies that's not necessarily viable or needed for their chosen technique when first dabbling in crafts.

So what I'd like to know is: What are your Top Ten items you can't live without in your craft tool kit? 

Please comment below with your 10 top craft tools.  

Thanks and happy crafting!

Fee x


No comments:

Post a Comment